Saturday, April 5, 2008

Robert Kennedy on MLK Jr.'s Assassination

I am just a little too young to "get" the Kennedy mystique. I'm also a bit too young to "get" the Martin Luther King, Jr. mystique. I can appreciate all of their accomplishments, and know the history of most of it, but being born in 1966, I didn't get to experience any of it first hand.

The Kennedys to me are embodied by Teddy--surely not their finest representative. And the most common Martin Luther King, Jr. speeches bounce off of me as most religious sermons do. Still, it is kind of chilling to see this announcement by Robert Kennedy about the King assassination--knowing that he was next. It isn't an enormous leap into tinfoil hat territory to wonder if the three assassinations are somehow more than history records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...