Saturday, April 12, 2008

Obama Flap: Who Cares?


Image from blog-city.com

I started to try to understand the latest campaign snafu; something Barack Obama said about the working class and their "bitterness." Then, I gave up--I just don't care. I don't care what he said, or what Hillary Clinton says, or what John McCain says. Nothing they say on the campaign trail--unless it wanders into dementia or something--makes one bit of difference to me about which candidate I prefer.*

I would understand if it was something they dug up from Obama's past--he used to torture kittens, or he had someone's head on a pike in his storage shed--would it matter. Whatever ill-chosen words, or unintended meaning people read into them, Barack Obama is the same dude he was before he made the speech.

If there's anything that I'm most tired of, or more bored with in this campaign, it's the picking apart of speeches, paragraphs, sentences, sentence fragments. . . It's all just so f'n stupid. Are we Americans so gullible as to think that Barack Obama hates America? Is somehow unpatriotic because he thinks things in America could be improved? We are a nation of idiots. And it doesn't make me anti-American to say this, it just makes me observant.

*To clarify, there are things candidates can say to sway my opinion about them, such as fundamental misunderstandings or lack of knowledge of vital issues. That's not what I'm tired of. It's the dissection of phraseology that I'm talking about here.

[Excerpt]

Obama defends 'bitter' comment

Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama was forced to defend his comments on the struggles of working class voters after being slammed for suggesting they were "bitter". . .

Read more at: News 24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...