Thursday, April 10, 2008

More on Randi Rhodes, Air America and Nova M


Photo from source, Huffington Post

Sorry if you're not an Air America Radio or Randi Rhodes fan, but I am. As a daily listener, this was fairly big news for me. Plus, in my previous post, I talked as much about AAR as anything, and this story is also about Randi.

Randi Rhodes is loud and brash, and has a pronounced New York accent. She has a voice for newspapers, you might say. But she's smart, funny, and knows her stuff. She used to hold down four hours every day (down to three lately), and managed to fill it with interesting topics and guests. Randi is as responsible for my blogging as anybody, and taught me a very important lesson--one more people could learn.

The lesson? Don't trust anything she, I, or anyone else says when it comes to forming your beliefs and opinions. She regularly tells people this, to do their homework, check it out if you don't believe her. And she is wrong sometimes, everybody is. In talk radio, this attitude is a rarity, particularly on the right, where Rush Limbaugh regularly says, "Don't ever doubt me."

So, Randi, I wish you good luck. I'm sure you'll land on your feet, and I suspect you'll leave Air America in chaos (and in your dust). I trust that the other bright lights there (Rachel Maddow, Sam Seder, Thom Hartmann) will land on their feet. Though I do feel sorry for Sam, whose loyalty keeps getting shat upon. Maybe you can find a spot for him?

[Excerpt]


A source at Air America, who asked to remain anonymous, said, "Many people screw up and then apologize and move on. Like Imus. Like David Shuster. Like Jay Rockefeller on McCain. Like Obama on Rezko. Like Hillary on Bosnia. Randi Rhodes refused to apologize for her obscene comments and has chosen instead to terminate her relationship with Air America."

The source also said that there is no love lost between Rhodes and her colleagues at the network. "No one is upset. She made the move but there's relief and joy. . ."

Yikes. Air America needs to learn about that whole "cutting off your nose to spite your face" thing.

Read more (much more) at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...