Monday, April 28, 2008

John Conyers Threatens Torture Memo Subpoenas


Photo from source, Raw Story

I know this stuff never seems to come to anything. I know that I keep getting my hopes up that somebody, somewhere in the Bush Administration will be held accountable for their actions. While my dreams may ultimately die (and just imagine what kind of precedent that would set), but I'm grateful that Congressman John Conyers is still in there trying. If nothing else, I hope he makes all concerned profoundly uncomfortable.

[Excerpt]

Conyers to torture memo author: Testify voluntarily or face subpoena

House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers has threatened to subpoena several former officials in the Bush administration if they do not agree to testify about their roles in the preparation of the so-called "torture memos" that authorized severe interrogation tactics in the war on terror. . .

Read more at: Raw Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...