Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm the Birthday Boy or Girl!

It's birthday boy, incidentally. The headline is just a household joke, based on The Simpsons' parody of the Chuck E. Cheese robots, singing to Lisa on her birthday. I'm 42 today, which is neither a bad nor good year, really. It doesn't have the seismic feel of 40, isn't anywhere yet near 50. . .it's sort of the Tuesday of birthdays. Not the beginning, middle or end of anything.

The mail hasn't come today, but it is notable that I have received only one paper birthday card so far, and that was from The Men's Wearhouse. I bought my first real suit there for The Other Half's dad's funeral last month. And so far, my only online birthday greeting (other than from Bio-Dad,* who thought my birthday was Tuesday of this week!), was from the talk radio station (KTLK, out of Los Angeles) I listen to daily. Here it is:

It reminds me of the year when the only birthday card I got in the mail was from my dentist. Ah, well. As I said, it doesn't matter anyway. 42 is no big. And to be honest, I don't feel like gabbing on the phone much today either. The Other Half is away, I have no responsibilities (other than the promise of a rib dinner at Mr. & Mrs. Lesto's tonight), so I'm just gonna be lazy. Though I'll try to get a few interesting things posted.

Happy weekend, boys and girls!

*Bio-Dad isn't a bad guy, and who cares really about the exact day, it's the thought that counts. The Other Half still thinks it's April 17 most years. . .but, hey, it makes a good anecdote! So, seriously, thanks for the greetings, Jake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...