Thursday, April 10, 2008

Democrats Start Contempt Trial, Recall Watergate


Photo from Medal of Freedom

I've had something of a crummy day, and political news hasn't improved my mood. . .until now. THIS lifts my spirits! Go get 'em guys. And if this doesn't work, I will paraphrase Dolly Parton's Doralee Rhodes from 9 to 5: "Well I say we hire a couple of wranglers to go up there and beat the shit out of 'em!" Works for me.

[Excerpt]

Dems invoke Watergate in contempt trial

President Bush's refusal to let two confidants provide information to Congress about fired federal prosecutors represents the most expansive view of executive privilege since Watergate, the House Judiciary Committee told a federal judge Thursday. [snip]

"Not since the days of Watergate have the Congress and the federal courts been confronted with such an expansive view of executive privilege as the one asserted by the current presidential administration and the individual defendants in this case," according to the House's filing. . .

Read more at: Raw Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...