Friday, April 18, 2008

Ben Stein's Expelled

Ben Stein creates a strange dichotomy in my brain. On one hand, I loved him in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Win Ben Stein's Money, and even the old Clear Eyes commercials. He's wonderfully dry, deadpan and droll. All the things I like in a comedian. He even helped Jimmy Kimmel get a career.

But on the other hand, he worked for Richard Nixon, he's rabidly right wing, and he's now starring in a pro-intelligent design movie called Expelled. As an agnostic, I'm very leery of the whole concept of ID, which as far as I'm concerned, is creationism in the Emperor's new clothes. I simply cannot fathom anything this movie could do to convince me that intelligent design is science. It is quite simply not. And even if I were convinced that it was, it would still not prove that the design was intelligently created by any known deity.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...