Monday, April 14, 2008

Air America Jumps the Shark


EDITOR'S NOTE: This should be my last Randi Rhodes/Air America Radio post for a while. Thank you for your indulgence!

I was thrilled to find out today that the station I stream my liberal talk radio on (via computer), KTLK out of Las Angeles is carrying the new Randi Rhodes Show via Nova M. This means that nothing changes for me. I still get to listen to The Stephanie Miller Show, The Thom Hartmann Program, The Randi Rhodes Show, and Rachel Maddow all in the same place. Yeah, I know, that's a lot of radio, but trust me I am working at the time, and I'm not always at the desk. The first step is admitting you have a problem, you say? Yeah, yeah, whatever. . .

Anyway, today's Randi Rhodes Show was pretty much the same, with a happier host, and a heavy focus on the whole sordid tale of her exodus from Air America Radio. The excerpt below covers much of the details, but Randi's take is slightly different. According to her, the San Francisco "stand-up act" was merely a convenient excuse by AAR management to renegotiate Randi's contract. She refused, and quit. Anyway, if you like behind-the-scenes media stuff, this is a pretty good article.

[Excerpt]


Now that the smoke has cleared and the dust has settled somewhat, we can now take a step back and assess the whole Randi Rhodes/Air America/Nova M game of musical chairs that took place this past week, as Rhodes prepares to relaunch her show from West Palm Beach, FL today. We can take a look at the winners and losers in all of this, and perhaps speculate about the future of liberal talk radio. . .

Read more at: Liberal Talk Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...